Application Procedure & Essay Topic
Sandhill Telephone Cooperative will sponsor two students to attend the 2018 Washington, D.C. Youth Tour, June 2 – June 6. The tour is hosted and conducted by the Foundation for Rural Service.
The all expense-paid tour includes travel, accommodations, meals, activities and entertainment. The tour provides students with a first-hand look at the telecommunications industry, educates students about the legislative and governmental processes and gives students a unique opportunity to visit famous historical sites in the nation’s capital.
While in Washington, the group visits such sites as the Lincoln Memorial, the US Capitol and Arlington National Cemetery; and, much more.
All eligible students are invited to apply for selection to the Youth Tour.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- To be eligible for the Youth Tour, a student must be a junior in high school and less than 18 years old at the time of the trip.
- Students must receive local service from Sandhill Telephone Cooperative.
- Complete a 300 word essay on the topic given below.
- Include cover letter stating why you would like to be selected for Youth Tour. Please have home phone number listed below your address.
- Return completed essay no later than March 19, 2018 to your guidance office, one of our business offices or mail to:
Sandhill Telephone Cooperative
PO Box 519
Jefferson, SC 29718
Essay Topic – 300 Words
If you could make three changes to improve your community, what would you change and why?
2018 Youth Tour Flyer