Sandhill takes steps to protect against COVID-19
At Sandhill, we value the health and safety of our customers above all else, which is why we are closely monitoring events concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). COVID-19 has changed the way we live for the next several weeks. As a service provider invested in our communities, we are committed to helping our members get through these uncertain times. In lieu of the recent school closures, Sandhill has created a plan to assist those affected.
- Sandhill will not suspend any services this month or charge late fees for nonpayment.
- Sandhill will offer a $25 bill credit for residential broadband services for any existing customers that we serve that has a child in school (K-12 & College). Go to https://shtc.net/closed-school-form to apply for the credit.
- Any residential customer that does not currently have broadband but needs to add, will receive a one-time $25 bill credit when installed between now and April 30th .
- The $1.00 convenience fee for making payments by phone is being waived. This will help any customer that does not wish to come in person to pay their bill.
In addition, Sandhill is taking the following steps, in accordance with CDC guidelines, to protect both our employees and our customers.
- Sandhill employees who feel sick are being instructed to stay home.
- We are directing employees to cancel any work-related flights and to reschedule any work trips.
- Employees who work directly with customers should avoid shaking hands or making any physical contact.
- We will be providing additional disinfectant products to employees in the office and posting additional reminders for employees to wash their hands often.
- All employees are asked to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them.
As of now all our offices are open. We would like to encourage anyone experiencing flu-like symptoms or fever to contact our office by phone, Cooperative Members visit shtc.net, Sandhill ConNEXTions customers visit shnext.com or access the Smarthub app to manage their services instead of visiting in person. As a reminder, you can access our websites, our Smarthub app or Tech Support 24/7.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and explore further measures to support our members and the community as needed. Follow us on social media for updates and visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov for more information about COVID-19.